1. Trader Joe’s pie crusts. I may have possibly accidentally sort of used a sweet pie crust for these kale pies. There were blueberries on the packet. However, it was a fortuitous error. Sweet crust with vegetable parmy filling turns out to be a fantastic combo. More please!
2. Live music! More more more more please! Especially for $10 or less. The Vespers sang the house down with their soulful belting vocals and mandolins as a rock n’ roll instrument. The Gray Havens were cute (picture below) too. I think they need a full band, but hey, they’re just starting out. You can hear their first album here, full of simple chord progressions and complicated lyrical narrative: http://thegrayhavens.bandcamp.com/
3. Statues. I love sculpture. I actually think it may be my favorite fine art, especially in bronze. Also, do I look like a tourist here or what?
4. Texas is big sky country, right? Right. Mmm.
5. And you might enjoy this from The Vespers. They sang an acoustic version live which was also a treat.