After a raaainy and frigid birthday weekend, I was thankful this morning for:
1. Modern medicine.
2. Ancient medicine.
3. The joy of a hug.
4. This sign on my way to work. Stamps can be an awfully urgent business. Too bad the postal collection still only happens twice a day.
5. Asparagi. Do you know how you are supposed to trim them? First you bend…
6. Then you break! Sadly, if your asparagus is of the supermarket variety, your tough stem is longer than your tender bit. 7. The Philosopher. What a stud. Especially when marking undergrad papers.
8. May tomorrow! That feels like good news.
9. A new Jamie’s Italy cookbook waiting for me to dog-ear its pasta pages.
Can you give me a 10?