Well, four months into the new job and I’m ready to sing my Monday Morning Blues again! I suppose, actually, my theme song should be:
This Monday morning, I was thankful for:
1. The actual weather being better than the forecast EVERY DAY THIS PAST WEEK! Now that’s what I call progress.
2. Having my friend the Historian and her mother to stay yesterday.
4. Blenheim Palace giving us 4 year-long annual memberships even though we missed the time frame for that to happen. Thank you nice guy at the kiosk!
5. Being treated to a fancy meal at Jamie’s Italian. Bolognese, I’ve spent years thinking I didn’t like you. How wrong I was. Please forgive.
6. Tagliatelle. Speaking of Bolognese, I think tagliatelle trumps spaghetti as the perfect pasta accompaniment.
7. Spending time with the Philosopher doing a new and daring work-out: 100 jumping jacks, 90 crunches, 80 squats, 70 leg lifts, 60 jumping jacks, 50 crunches…etc. We feel good! (I cheated on the leg lifts. Just a little bit.)
8. Nearly the two month countdown for US trip!
9. Spending most of Friday listening to various Punch Brothers, Yo-Yo Ma’s Goat Rodeo Sessions and Crooked Still. I think I love new-grass/bluegrass.