I spent most of my commute this morning wondering about bicycles and how many miles they general have in them. This may or may not have been prompted by intermittent fingernail-on-chalkboard-like sounds coming from my own bike. Really makes you ponder.
In sum, I left my thankfulness until the tail end of the day, when I cycled home feeling good about:
1. The tidying effect that furniture reorganization can have. Not to mention the effect that actual tidying can have.
2. Having a kind violinist for a mother, and a thoughtful chocoholic for a father. I know you’ve always wondered, but yes it’s true, thoughtful chocoholics really do exist!
4. Prayer, preferably with others
5. A spontaneous trip to Paris coming up in two weeks
6. An excited count-down until the Rev and Lactation Guru join us in two and a half weeks
7. These peanut butter cookies. Literally the most satisfying chocolate chip-type cookie I’ve ever tasted
8. More Settlers, Ticket to Ride and card game fun over the weekend. I wonder if I’ll ever win a game one of these days
9. This YouTube video. It may seem like a silly thing to be thankful for, but having something which can counted on to crack you up time and again is a rare gift. Mom and Dad, this is what we were talking about yesterday and forgot to show you. Like it?
*Just kidding. The posters did arrive, but they are not for me, or the Philosopher. I’m serious.