What better antidote to a freezing Monday morning than a list of things in your life which make you glad? Are you with me?!
Or I can just do this alone. Whatev.
This morning, I was glad because:
1. I spent the weekend eating the most delicious chocolate cake I have ever made. It was originally intended for a dinner party that never materialized. Or rather, it did eventually, but in an abbreviated version that involved the Philosopher and me, two forks, and one cake. In fact, I’m still on such an emotional high from all those chocolate-induced seratonin thingies, I’ll share the recipe. There is a mystery ingredient…
3. There is an undeniably beguiling layer of frost over the earth these wintry mornings.
4. Last week a client phoned up with the story of her child who was born with key-hole shaped irises (of the eye), and has no vision problems. Tres chic, said I, and quite rare! (Don’t worry, I didn’t.)
5. There was a distinct lack of dreams last night. This is quite a relief after several nights of enduring arepeated sequence wherein I am a mermaid being captured by a boozy pirate. It all gets very…intense.
6. I still have some amazing footwarmers, given to me by the Lactation Guru a couple of years ago, which heat up upon contact with the air. They’re usually used by skiiers, but I need them to make it through a church service. Not sure if that says more about my church or my feet.
7. I didn’t dread Monday this weekend. Not one bit.
8. Stretch jeans are a wonderful invention. (Whaaat? Chocolate cake!)
9. As is Amazon. Need a milk frother? Amazon! £1.96! Great deal! Just don’t look at the shipping cost…
10. The recent discovery that my husband is a baby whisperer. Babies gurgle softly in his arms (and, ironically, tend to squeal in mine. I think I try to bounce them too much. I thought they liked that kind of thing.) I shall still dub him the Philosopher, but Baby Whisperer can be an unofficial middle name. The Philosopher Baby-Whisperer. It has a nice ring. What more could a modern working girl want?